Wednesday, March 5, 2008

The Daily Briefs !! And Praise for Director Joe Gage ...




















So the Ozz Resort where I currently reside in the Palm Springs area (California) used to be the Desert Palms Inn which was actually built as a set for the 1963 movie "Palm Springs Weekend" starring Troy Donahue, Connie Stevens, Stephanie Powers, and Jerry Van Dyke.

The characters check in to the resort for "two full days" (LoL) of "nonstop carousing!"

Some things never change eh? grin

I am also hoping that the place has a few resident ghosts and a decent level of paranormal activity cuz I am into "that sort of thing!"

Speaking of nostalgia, Geoffrey Paine and I were talking today about how much we envy the members of the "sexual outlaw" culture of the 1970s a la Tom of Finland. I realized how lucky we both are to have worked with Joe Gage..

Click here to read more about Joe Gage's groundbreaking 1976 film "Kansas City Trucking Co." This was "Part One" of what was to become the "Working Man" Trilogy and (to me) represents the work of a true sexual revolutionary . . .

And I am so proud to appear in Joe Gage's 2008 film
"Men's Room III: Ozark Mtn. Exit 8" (Titan) !

2 comments:

Tom said...

I love Joe Gage's body of work, and those groundbreaking films really are fantastic!

Today's shot is AMAZING! I love the backlighting. (The bounce of sunshine off your head is cool, too.) There's a nice element of "vintage" to it, too, with the sepia-like tone.

And the lips are looking super-sexy and kissable.

Brodie Newport said...

You rock -- thanks !! Heath took this one, and it seemed to really capture the essence of the old resort here in Palm Springs.

I like to think that there are ghosts here as well -- you know me and my fascination with "danger"/the dark LoL ...

Now it's your turn to come down so you can shoot me, too! grin