Monday, January 3, 2011

The Original "BadMormon" Debuts on iTunes


"
BadMormon" is the first song I set out to record that finally approached my true passion: Dance and House Music. It was a magical feeling, but shooting the Vid for it was even more so--especially since I am a night person, and it was shot in the early morning. I was still fresh from Newport Beach I guess.

The issue of where to place text over a photo can make such a difference with graphic design, right? This boxcover is fun cuz there are two versions--one that reminds me of a Marlboro cig carton and smoking Marlboro Reds is a practice that I took up as a vice after first moving to Newport).

The other version reminds me of a famous Mormon novelist's bookcover photos. I used to read them in junior high and high school so that I could understand how good mormon guys were supposed to conduct their lives.

No comment on whether the books "worked" or not--the question is which cover do you like better? (BTW: Always will be grateful to the talented and sexy guy who made this shot possible!)

Watch for the Vid to return to YouTube soon, and don't forget that the XTube version takes things a step deeper by telling more important facts about a badmormon's journey along with how (and--most important of all--where) the story all begins!

Ah, and don't forget where we are now--I am staging a twisted and cracked-out track that explores the rugged corners of a demonically-possessed, homoerotically-charged motel in the American South. Or is it Southwest? Or both? Guess that's the fun of it! LoL LoL

A badmormon's work is never finished. There are so many to be initiated, and the brothers are fuckin sexy as hell . . .


No comments: